The Cat (daddy) has been required to cook by “Alivia” our oldest daughter tonight and of course “Fettuccine Alfredo” is one of her most favorite food by far (even better than Pizza according to Alivia’s idea ;-)). Plus, today has been a very busy day for all of us so I think a nice and easy meal would be a great answer especially for the chef.
When we got home from running the errands, as I putting the stuff down, the girls finished using the bathroom, and washing our hands then I felt like a few minute later BAMM!! our dinner is here (that’s how quick and easy it is).
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- dash of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 6-8 minutes or as directed on package.
- While the pasta is cooking heat a heavy pan over medium low heat. Add butter and wait until the butter is melted, then add minced garlic, and stir for a minute or two (gently cook until soft and translucent).
- Add heavy whipping cream, cheeses, beaten egg yolks, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Whisk and stir the sauce over medium low heat until hot to touch but not boiling.
- Remove boiling pasta from the stove and drain.
- Pour sauce over the pasta and serve with grated Parmesan.