After making the pancakes and blueberry sauce yesterday we had loads of blueberries left over (can you ever have enough blueberries?) and so Golf decided that we needed something lighter for breakfast after our pancake fest the prior day. Naturally that brought her to an idea to make a blueberry smoothie.
I tweaked her blueberry smoothie recipe with some rosemary and this Blueberry Rosemary Smoothie was born!
The blueberry flavor shines through, and the rosemary works perfectly with it to give this smoothie an extra burst of flavor and energy. I’m always surprised by how well various herbs can work in sweet recipes and especially when combined with fruit, so you’ll have to try this to see for yourself how well the rosemary and blueberry work together. Just go light on the rosemary, because it is a very strong herb.
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- ⅛ teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4-5 Ice cubes
- Fresh rosemary (garnish)
- Fresh/Frozen blueberries (garnish)
- Add frozen blueberries, milk, honey, caster sugar, chopped rosemary, and ice cubes into the blender and start to blend them until everything turns to liquid.
- Pour the finished blueberry smoothie into the glass. Garnish with fresh/frozen blueberries or rosemary as you wish and serve.
Not only is this a great way to start your day or recharge after a workout, as you can see it takes just a few minutes to prepare, saving you time during your busy day. And since it only uses a blender to prepare, clean up is also a breeze. Blueberry rosemary smoothies give you the energy to face the day, put a smile on your face, and save you loads of time cooking and cleaning. Plus, they are just down right awesome.